Hi! My name is Johar Singh and I am an E-Learning Instructional Designer in Toronto, Canada. I am passionate about developing online and blended learning solutions that engage, evoke, and enhance performance.
In my current role as an Instructional Designer with the Ontario Pharmacists Association, I develop online programs to help pharmacists build their skills and knowledge and grow their professional practice.
I hold a BSc in Psychology from the University of Toronto – and a MA in Curriculum Studies from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto (OISE/UT). I also have a Certificate in E-Learning from the University of Calgary and I am a Certified Training and Development Professional through the Institute for Performance and Learning.
I started this blog to share my passion for learning and technology – and to participate in conversations about e-learning, instructional design, and gamification.
- I taught English as a visiting professor at a University in South Korea
- I play Floorball, a form of floor hockey that is popular in Sweden
- My wife and I are the proud fur-parents to an adorable Shih-Poo named Mikki
- I was once an ambassador for Lululemon
- I’m facinated with card tricks – and have been known to perform the odd card trick
- I have taught yoga in prisons, corporate offices, and even in an Olympic stadium
- I love Star Wars, games, TED talks, and life hacks