Hi! My name is Johar Singh and I am an E-Learning Instructional Designer in Toronto, Canada. I am passionate about developing online and blended learning solutions that engage, evoke, and enhance performance.
In my current role as an Instructional Design and Development Specialist with the Ontario Association for Children’s Aid Societies I develop learning resources aimed at enhancing the capabilities of child welfare professionals and their leaders.
I hold a BSc in Psychology from the University of Toronto – and a MA in Curriculum Studies from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto (OISE/UT). I also have a Certificate in E-Learning from the University of Calgary and I am a Certified Training and Development Professional through the Institute for Performance and Learning.
I started this blog to share my passion for learning and technology – and to participate in conversations about e-learning, instructional design, and gamification.
- I taught English as a visiting professor at a University in South Korea
- I play Floorball, a form of floor hockey that is popular in Sweden
- My wife and I are the proud fur-parents to an adorable Shih-Poo named Mikki
- I was once an ambassador for Lululemon
- I have taught yoga in prisons, corporate offices, and even in an Olympic stadium
- I love Star Wars, games, TED talks, and life hacks